The Electronic Identity Card valid for expatriation, can be used by citizens to travel on national territory and to EU Member States.

On the website  you can find all the information about the country you want to visit and the necessary travel document.

Italian citizens abroad in an emergency situation, such as being a victim of theft or having lost their Electronic Identity Card, who have neither the means nor the time to request the issuance of a new travel document, should contact the Italian diplomatic-consular representations, both in Europe and in non-European countries, and ask for the issuance of a provisional travel document, also called E.T.D. – Emergency Travel Document.

Related content